Follow your vision, help us change the future.
We're looking for awesome, energetic and tech savvy individuals looking to boost their technical career and join our team as Technician.
The role's purpose is to ensure the proper operation of the outside plant assets deployed by the company. Excellent problem solving skills and an eye for detail are two very important skills needed in order to thrive in this role. As long as you’re willing to learn, this position is a great opportunity to grow and develop yourself within a fast-paced environment!
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Ability to approach work with common sense and a good attitude, is adaptable to the exigencies of work and can be depended upon to see a job to its end.
- Possess fault identification and rectification skills.
- Be a courteous individual and communicates appropriately with the public, fellow employees, supervisors and customers.
- Have GO’s success at heart and is sensitive to the impact the job and his role have on 3rd parties’ view of the company.
- Works well in a team, flexible and determined to deliver at the best possible performance.
- Is computer literate (Possess ECDL or equivalent)
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- Proficiency in outside plant deployment practices including:
- Standards and policies,
- Equipment handling and installation,
- Test and measurement procedures,
- Certification procedures,
- Use of associated tools.
- Proficient in the use of corporate IT systems and willing to learn new systems
- Knowledge of Fixed Access Network Planning concepts.
- Proficient in outside plant deployment practices and policies.
- Technical qualifications (MCAST or University) or equivalent.
- Is in possession of a valid driving license.
If this describes you, here’s a glimpse of what you will be doing in this position:
- Install and maintain, joint and terminate both fibre and copper cables in any environment according to procedures and standards set by the company.
- Identify GO infrastructure in the external plant through the use of records documents, mark and oversee any 3rd party works close to GO’s infrastructure following procedures and standards set by the company.
- Certify any works carried out by 3rd parties, sub-contractors and GO as fit for use.
- Report any damages to GO infrastructure through the proper channels following procedures and standards set by the company.
- Report any required plant maintenance and/or upgrades through the proper channels following the correct procedures set by the company.
- Provide as-installed details of works carried out for records.
- Liaise with 3rd parties, peers and clients as necessary to get the job done in an appropriate manner.
- Be available to carry out such ad hoc assignments as may be requested from time to time by the Company and deputise direct superior as and when required
What’s in it for you?
Joining our team comes with a lot of benefits! Here’s a glimpse of what we’ll offer you for being brilliant:
- No more bills! Free UNLIMITED GO services for your home and mobile
- Four weeks paid birth-leave for all non-birthing parents
- Private Hospital Health Insurance, to protect you from unexpected, high medical costs
- A budget to spend on your own personal and/or professional development
- Therapy sessions to support your needs in collaboration with Richmond Foundation
- A budget dedicated to your children’s summer school costs