More than a job…it’s an adventure in innovation!
We're looking for awesome, energetic and tech savvy individuals looking to boost their technical career and join our team as Technician.
The role's purpose is to ensure the proper operation of the outside plant assets deployed by the company. Excellent problem solving skills and an eye for detail are two very important skills needed in order to thrive in this role. As for the rest, we will teach you everything else you need to know. So as long as you’re willing to learn, this position is a great opportunity to grow and develop yourself within a fast-paced environment. It will be your first step into the fascinating world of Technology that will lead you to an exciting future.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Approach work with common sense and a good attitude, is adaptable to the exigencies of work and can be depended upon to see a job to its end.
- Possess fault identification and rectification skills.
- Be courteous and communicates appropriately with the public, fellow employees, supervisors and customers.
- Have GO’s success at heart and is sensitive to the impact the job and his role have on 3rd parties’ view of the company.
- Works well in a team, flexible and determined to deliver at the best possible performance.
- Be in possession of a valid driving license.
- Be computer literate (Possess ECDL or equivalent)
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- Knowledge in Passive Access Technologies (Copper, Fibre)
- Proficiency in outside plant deployment practices including;
1. Standards and policies,
2. Equipment handling and installation,
3. Test and measurement procedures,
4. Certification procedures,
5. Use of associated tools.
- Proficient in the use of corporate IT systems and willing to learn new systems
- Knowledge of Fixed Access Network Planning concepts.
- Proficient in outside plant deployment practices and policies.
- Technical qualifications (MCAST or University) or equivalent.
If this describes you, here’s a glimpse of what you will be doing in this position:
- Rectifying faults and solving problems at our customers’ homes
- Installing GO services in various premises
- Installing and maintaining, jointing and terminating both fibre and copper cables in any environment according to procedures and standards set by the company.
- Identifying GO infrastructure in the external plant thr ough the use of records documents, mark and oversee any 3rd party works close to GO’s infrastructure following procedures and standards set by the company.
- Certifying any works carried out by 3rd parties, sub-contractors and GO as fit for use.
- Reporting any damages to GO infrastructure through the proper channels following procedures and standards set by the company.
- Reporting any required plant maintenance and/or upgrades through the proper channels following the correct procedures set by the company.
- Providing as-installed details of works carried out for records.
- Liaising with 3rd parties, peers and clients as necessary to get the job done in an appropriate manner.
- Be available to carry out such ad hoc assignments as may be requested from time to time by the Company and deputise direct superior as and when required
We'll recruit as soon as we find our match. Don't think twice - apply now!Submit application