Junior Network Engineer – IP Core
Are you a vibrant and energetic individual looking to boost your career within a technical environment? GO's Technical Team is looking for an energetic individual to join the team in the role of Junior Network Engineer - IP Core.
It would be essential for you to have:
- A first degree in Engineering with a focus on Telecommunications;
- Basic technical knowledge ( we will also train you ) on IP and Internet related technologies to be able to operate and maintain network infrastructure, such as:
- ISP services such as email, dns, web services, databases;
- Systems: Linux;
- Networking and Transport infrastructure;
- Scripting: Shell, perl, PHP,phyton;
- Computer skills and IP knowledge;
- Willingness to learn and the ability to work on own initiative;
- Have problem Solving and communication skills.
We would prefer if you also have:
- Cisco certification to at least the CCNA level; training will be provided to achieve this certification.
If this describes you that this is a glimpse of what you will be doing:
Together with the Core IP team, you will be responsible to maintain and operate the company's IP and transport network. You shall take prime interest in researching technologies related to IP Service Provider Network since this role is critical in providing the knowledge required to create a competitive edge and improve efficiency.
- Operating, managing and maintaining the company’s
- Core IP Network
- Metro Ethernet Network
- Mobile Backhaul Network
- Data Center Network
- Broadband Network Gateway
- Reviewing the network performance to ensure the appropriate forecasting, dimensioning and sizing of the various Network elements so as to meet the demand for Service Provisioning as well as maintain the required Service Levels;
- Implementing appropriate operational procedures in accordance with international norms and standards in order to ensure that system downtime is minimised and a high-level quality of service is guaranteed;
- Providing on the job training when necessary;
- Assisting and liaising with other sections in the design, build and operation of customers’ networks;
- Providing 3rd level support and liaise directly with third parties, including clients and suppliers for technical problem resolution on a 24x7 basis.
We'll recruit as soon as we find our match. Don't think twice - apply now.